Skip To Main Content

Desktop Search Container

Our Schools


Sticky Right Buttons

Landing Nav


Immunizations - New & Transferring Students

Immunizations - New & Transferring Students

Starting August 1, 2020, all immunization records turned in to schools or childcare centers are required by state law to be medically verified

This means immunization records turned in to the school must be from a health care provider, or you must attach paperwork from a health care provider to your handwritten form that shows your child’s records are accurate. 

Immunization records must be turned into the school on or before the first day of attendance.  Your child cannot attend school until you provide these records.

Here are some examples of medically verified immunization records:

  1. 1.  A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting and clicking on  “Certificate of Immunization Status.”
  3. 2.  A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached.
  5. 3.  A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System.
  7. 4.  A CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to to begin the sign-up process.

If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school a completed Certificate of Exemption.

If your child already meets immunization requirements and has records on file with the school, you do not need to do anything. If you are not sure, or if you have any questions, please contact the school nurse.